16 Nov 7 Beautiful Verses on Family
We rarely acknowledge some of the Bible’s most beautiful phrases, and as with other literature classics, its phrases on familial bonds are especially good. (And yes, the dysfunctional families exist too, but we’ll save them for another time.)
Here are six verses that we picked out between nephew and uncle; daughter-in-law and mother-in-law; friend to friend; and more.
1. “We love because He first loved us.” —1 John 4:19
2. “May the Lord watch between you and me when we are
absent from one from another.” —Genesis 31:49
3. “Wherever you go, I will go;
And where you lodge, I will lodge;
Your people shall be my people,
And your God, my God.”
4. “For [David] loved him as he loved his own soul.” —1 Samuel 20:17
5. “The heart of her husband safely trusts her. . .
She does him good and not evil,
All the days of her life.”
6. “Father of orphans,
champion of widows
is God in his holy house.
God makes homes for the homeless. . .”
—Psalms 68:6, MSG
7. “But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart.” —Luke 2:19
Let us know if you have a favorite we missed.